Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Day # 4

This may be long and emotional....
It is now the end of day #4 I can't even begin to describe the emotional, physical, or spiritual process this has been. We were waiting for our Dr. to come in on Monday morning and hoping that she would release us... well she did come in and came right down to labor and delivery to see us but she did not give us the news we were hoping for. She said there was absolutly no way we were going home with this little man trying to make it so soon. To make a very long story short we were dialated to a 4 and 80 percent effaced... our little guy is only 6cm and wants to come right now... so if we were to go home and he decided NOW is the time even though we live just a few miles from the hospital there would be no way he would make it. So we are here until he delivers which they say will be very soon and we have had many times when we thought it was the moment but luckily he is still in the incubator for now.
When the Dr told us we had to stay a flood of emtions came to both of us... Ray had anger and frustration just wondering how in the world we would afford it... I had the same thoughts as well as a surreal "this can't or is not happening to us" feeling. The tears came so freely for both of us especially as we relize the magnitude of the situation and that each moment we get with him in the womb is one more moment that could save his life. We had another ultrasound to measure his weight and size he is measuring bigger than he is in weeks... we are 24 weeks and he measures at 26 weeks and 1lb 15oz also he is in the 73 percentile for his due time. He is our strong little boy and a big one at that which if any odds can help we will take them! Anything that can work at all in his favor.
We have been flooded with love and concern from everyone we know so THANK YOU for your prayers we have felt them in our behalf and continue to be so blessed! We are grateful for everyone that is helping and praying for us especially! I just want to share a few of my present thoughts...
I am emotionally drained to say the least it is 11:30 PM I am typing this while Ray tries to sleep I feel so bad for him! In the background all I can hear is our little mans heartbeat and wonder how muh longer we both can make it. Last night and today have been among some of the hardest in my life. I though we were going to have him last night... each time I felt like it was the moment... something would come up. I would talk myself out of an epidural or there would be an emergency c section and all of the nurses would have to leave.... the timing just never worked out and gratefully it has given our little man one more day to grow. In the midst of all of this I thought that by the end of today we would have a little boy in INICU and we would be moving on from there... instead my emtions are going to be the death of me if this hospital bed is not. My whole body hurts as they keep giving me different medications to stop contractions, I can't even get out of bed to shower or sit up in any way. I worry so much about our little boy and if I will be able to hang on long enough to give him a fighting chance. So as I lay here and cry I can't help but hope I am stronger than I think I am and have more faith than I think I do. Listening to his little heart beat I just want to know that I have done all I can. The nurses keep saying no matter what the outcome please do not put blame on yourself for whatever happens" That is si much easier said than done... I keep praying for a confirmation to know when the timing is the Lords and not mine... it has not come yet so we continue to pray and hold on until it does. Knowing tha he has control over this and that I need to be still and know that he is God. My heart is heavy and my eyes are too.... more to come on the King baby
Thank you again for all of your prayers and all that has been done and is being done in our behalf WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14 comments:

Niki said...

Cookie,
I love you. I know why you are one of my best friends. You are amazing. I am in constant awe, you continue to amaze me. I love Baby King already. Wow... tears coming on. I can't even imagine how much you love him as his Mom. I love him and you and I am so grateful to be your friend and I am always here for you, remember that.. day or night.

Kristin said...

Janet, I am crying along with you. Any mother will understand what you are going through. I don't know what the right words are to say but you are stronger than you think you are. Moms are like that. As a new mother you will come to understand that when things seem so difficult and you don't know how you're going to do it, the only thing you can do is carry on and take one day at a time and know that Heavenly Father is there with you. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your husband, and baby. Love you!

Aubrey's Outlet said...

I have no words that will make this any better for you! I wish there was a magic wand I could wave to make that little man decide to say in that warm little cave of his. But there is not a wand for sale anywhere I have been looking! :) I just want ot say that you can do this!! You are an amazing woman and the love you and Ray have for Baby King is amazing! He is a lucky little man he just need s to get BIGGER! I love the way you talked about not being able to even sit up for his sake. That is your love for him that is allowing you to get through this. I love you and will have you and your lottle family in my thoughts and prayers.

Lindsey M said...

You are so much stonger than me. You're in our prayers. Meanwhile we'll be waiting patiently for updates. We love you!

Tawna said...

Janet,

You are one strong, faithful woman. I know God is aware of you at this time. I am so sorry you have to endure this! You are definitely in my prayers.

Amy said...

If there is one thing I have learned it is that Heavenly Father is very mindful of each of us. He loves us and I know that His plan for us is better than our own. You are very strong. Keep the faith. I am here for you.

Candice said...

Wow! The only thing I can say is that you are loved!! You are a lot stronger than you think! It is okay to cry, doubt yourself, and even scream...those are normal emotions. I know this may seem difficult but try to not to stress, the Lord knows how much you, your husband, and your little guy can handle. He has already blessed you in so many ways and there are definately more coming! Enjoy this time while he is still incubating because when he is born there will be even more emotions you will go through. Be strong for your the little guy, he will need you even more when he comes into this world! You are an amazing person...and the love you feel now will just keep growing. Good Luck with everything! Have faith in yourself...YOU of all people can do it!
Love you tons!! Thanks for keeping us posted!

The Birds said...

You guys hang in there. You are in our thoughts and prayers. You are definitely stronger than you think..just remember that through the Lord, ALL things are possible.
~Chandi

Zane, Brooke, and Lexi said...

I am also crying for you. You are a strong and amazing person. Keep hanging in there. Every day he can stay in there is a blessing. You and your little family are in our prayers. I love you sister!

The sMurphy's said...

Janet,

You are in my prayers, hang in there. God won't put you through anything you can't handle! Miracles can happen and I pray they happen for you!

Take care,
Angela

Nat said...

Janet-
You are one of the STRONGEST women I know. When Ray brought you to that first Thanksgiving I remember thinking I wanted to be as strong as you someday. If anyone can hold onto this baby, it's you. Don't stress over cost - in the end if a longer hospital stay means you get to take home a baby it'll definitely be worth every penny. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help, or even distract. :)

Elena said...

Janet and Ray,
You are such an example to us of dealing with adversity and still having faith. You will be blessed for it. Janet, what a gift you are giving to your little man by sacrificing your body, he's sure got great parents. Silas has learned to say "baby cousin" and helps us out in our prayers for you guys. We love you and are here for you whatever we can do.

Cameron said...

Janet,

We returned from vacation and Lisette mentioned you had left a comment on the blog. We sat down at the computer and decided to check on your blog and see how things are going. I'm sorry to hear what you and Ray are going through right now. Lisette and I will keep your family in our thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted on your blog, we'll be sure to keep checking for updates.

Cameron & Lisette

Courtney said...

Our bodies are miraculous! And the job your body has done so far in hold on tight to your baby boy as he grows and develops inside of you is a beautiful miracle. He knows he is loved. Our babies feel it before they even take their first breath. The blood shared unites our mommy spirit with our children forever! Talk to him. Pray with him. Sing to him. Rub him. He knows you're there! You are so brave and are doing exactly what you need to do. Thinking and praying for you and your precious miracle.