Wednesday, June 26, 2013
Bahamas Bound
We decided 5 years ago that every 5 years we would go on a cruise or a big vacation.. 5 years flew! We booked out trip in March and time flew by till we were on a plane and Bahamas bound :) we had the best time! So here is a recap of our whirlwind of a week
We ran a race in American Fork with Rays family for his Grandma as a cancer survior and for my darling Aunt Tammy also a cancer survivor. It was the best race ever! Great swag bags, great company, and we got to run with our babies all while chatting it was a very fun run! photo dump
Then we played all day at Tyrel and Elenas house and watched out babies drive away with Grandma King (ohhh that was heart wrenching.. first time I had ever left the boys not only for one night but for 7... ahhhh I am so grateful for my MIL she was AMAZING and our boys had the best time! Why was I even worried? I have no IDEA Silly Me ohhhh its because I am a momma thats why)
We played in Miami for a day which also happened to be my BIRTHDAY I am now officially in my 30s... HELLO 31. That will be my next post :) My sweet Hubby got a rockin sweet at the Hilton top floor we could see the whole city it was awesome! And he took me shopping ALL DAY for new clothes (deperatly needed) he let me buy whatever I wanted it was SO FUN!! I think I might ask for that every year. We ate dinner in South Beach at an irish pub it was SO YUMMY, we played on the beach in the dark, swam in the pool and slept better than I have in 2 1/2 years it was a GREAT BDAY and great way to kick off the trip.
Monday we boarded the boat and said goodbye to Miami for a few days!
HERE WE COME BAHAMAS
Tuesday we woke up in Freeport Bahamas.
We did a little shopping and then took our chances on a banana boat tour. It proved to be SO MUCH FUN they took us through million dollar island where all the richies live and vacation, to see dolphins, we got to jump off a ship that was used in Pirates of the Caribbean, and we had BEST TIME EVER! Our tour guide Anthony was so fun! Seriously worth doing tours on our own not through the cruise. The only thing we didn't like was the coconut water they offer for $5 on the beach IT WAS SO GROSS! oh and that Ray left his NEW sun glasses on the boat bummer.
Wednesday
We woke up in Nassuu Bahamas (the richest Bahama Island thanks to Atlantis)
We played on the Beach HOLY BEAUTIFUL WATER and SAND!
We shopped and learned all bout how rich Atlantis owners are ahhh! They have a 10 bedroom sweet that is $25,000 a night and has to be booked a miniumum of 4 nights WHAT?? So 100,000 minimum don't worry if you want to rent it you have time to save... it is booked for the next 5 years SOLID! Almost fell off the boat when I heard that holy richness! Next time we will go into Atlantis water park... when we strike it rich that is.
Thursday
We went to a private island owned exclusively by Norweigan Cruise lines... I expected it to be a bust to be honest but it was the perfect end to the trip! We kayaked along the shores with a tour guide and saw lots of iguanas, star fish and other creatures. We played in the water and SOAKED UP THE SUN. It was so relaxing and SO GREAT... I loved it!!!
We were sad for it to end but so excited to come home to our babies! We had a great time and it was a much needed get away. Geared me back up to tackle lots of need to do projects, and most of all to be a better mommy. Vacations are needed in this house and we feel blessed that we can take them. Life is good!! We are blessed! More to come soon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It looks like you had an AMAZING vacation!!! Love all if the photos, I'm so glad you and Ray and your sister and brother in law had some time away to yourselves. I can only imagine how hard it was for you to leave your babes behind, especially for the first time! Thank you for sharing your adventures! Love the photos, you look fabulous! Miss your face xoxo
SOOOO fun!!! You're smoking hot, Janet!!!
I have missed hearing from you. I am happy to hear you went on such a fantastic trip!
Post a Comment