This may be a spuing post... I have a lot on my mind that needs to be recorded for journaling purposes... so here we go.
Last week on the way to Rays baseball games we were talking about school (a frequent in our home) we've been discussing the option of him getting his Masters in Chemical Engineering.. the U will pay for it and it's only another year. Well a while ago we had decided that was not what he wanted to do. So our conversation went something like this...
Ray "I think I want to get a minor in Nuclear engineering and have my major be Chemical Engineering"
Me "Okay what does that mean?"
Ray "One more year of school"
Me "Okay why do you want to do that instead of getting your masters"
Ray "Better job opportunities, and more experience in more than just one area"
Me "Okay so I need to keep working after baby G. comes?"
Ray "I don't want you to, but in order to keep our insurance I think so"
Me "Okay..."
So after a little time to process... I don't want to go back to work the plan was just to go back for a few months until Ray graduates... but with this new horizon I just get to say I'll do it... I don't want to but if it means better opportunities for us in the future I can make the sacrifice.. my Mom always worked and usually more than one job. Most of the women in my family work... and we seem to have turned out great in my opinion... I've come to realize with age life isn't always fair and being a stay at home mom isn't in the cards for everyone... one day just not yet.
So many conversations have come after that... Will we stay in school for another year? Should we? What will be best for our family? How do we know if this is whats right? I guess it will all come in time. Meanwhile I try not to worry about daycare or where our little guy will go while his Mommy works and Daddy schools... but I have a feeling it will all work out. And if working means insurance for our family it's what needs to be done.
In other news...
We had an ultrasound of our little man Baby G. yesterday. He is A-DORABLE if I do say so myself... he doesn't really like being invaded with the ultrasound techs. He is a little thumb sucker just like Blaze was and WE LOVE HIM! Everything looks great so far one more ultrasound in 2 weeks will tell if anymore extra measures to keep him in need to be done but so far so good.
I got an A on a book analysis that I did last week. I read the book in 2 days and wrote the report the night before it was due (I missed the first class and had no idea about it that's why there was such a rush) I almost died when he handed me the paper with a A on it :) saing "Supurb job Janet" WHAT.... Okay so maybe I don't mind being graded ha ha.
They're selling the house we live in currently... so we hope it doesn't sell quickly... so we can stay for a while WE LOVE IT THERE! We love the ward! We love our friends and neighbors! We LOVE the yard and we LOVE the view... hopefully it will be a while!
Pics to come of Baby G. and the belly... we no longer have the internet at home... so its hard to download pics... but they will come :)
3 comments:
Janet, I'm sorry about the hard life decisions. But you are right when you say everything will work out. It will be hard to leave your baby and go to work, but you will just take advantage of the time you do have with your boy. It will make your heart melt when you pick him up and he slobbers you with kisses and smiles so big his face might stick that way. Then you will play until bedtime. Everything will be okay (that's what I keep telling myself!) I love you and hope that you find peace with the decisions you have to make.
after our conversation i know this is extremely difficult for you. you're such an unselfish, giving person i know that you'll do whatever it takes to support your husband. you've got such a positive outlook on things. i too believe that it will all work out and you'll be blessed for your efforts.
can't wait to see pictures of baby G and your cute little bump!
Life is hard and these decisions are hard, but I have full faith that things will work out so much better than you could have ever imagined and you will feel happy and peaceful! I wish we lived closer...I would love to watch the little man! Take care, we love you!
Post a Comment