Not long after Blaze passed away we talked about running for him... in his honor. Well we started training the week after Christmas to do just that... we are running the Moab 1/2 Marathon March 20th. Lets just say it has not been easy there have been a few tears and lots of "I can't do it" and "what was I thinking" moments. With that there have also been lots of "holy cow I just did that" and "I can do it keep going" moments too.
I remember our first long run it was 3 miles and it ended in an utter meltdown. I threw myself on our bed and cried for 20 minutes... I was so hot and so heartbroken that it is so hard... I don't know what I expected but I didn't expect it to break my spirit and it has a little. However yesterday I had a little piece of perspective handed to me when my sweet husband reminded me of how far I have come... our first run was one mile and I hardly ran (I mostly complained.)
Yesterday was a HUGE milestone for me... We ran 6 miles... SHUT UP 6 miles. Ray ran it in 54 minutes and I was a little over 60. I only stopped 4 times for about 20 seconds max each time. I was dreading this run all week... I knew it would be a tearful run and I was prepared for meltdowns. However when we started my ipod battery was dead... I though how in the world am I going to run for 6 miles without music and the little Nike lady saying... "1 Mile completed" but too stubborn to go back to our house and get my old ipod I said "lets go I'll be fine" backing up the story.. I knelt to pray before leaving for our run begging for help running and the endurance to make it. We also prayed together before we left I needed all the help I could get! Was my ipod being dead a miss hap NOPE it was just what I needed.
I needed that 6 miles with my Heavenly Father and I needed that 6 miles with my little angel Blaze. He was near and I have learned that with the help of my Heavenly Father who knows me, My AMAZING husband who believes in me, and our little Angel who watches over me. I know I can do hard things!
Ray made a really big deal about me doing this run he was so proud when we finished he kept telling me how great I did... the truth of the matter is I could not do it without him... he is so inspiring to me. He runs to the finish line and then turns around to come back and get me... "going the extra mile" that is my sweet Ray he is the love of my life and the absolute BEST!
10 comments:
I truly look up to you in so many ways! I am proud of you! Keep it up! I know little Blaze is cheering you on!
"I can do hard things" I've repeated this over and over to myself since I read it. I'm having a terrible day and you have inspired me tremendously. love you.
Yippee for heaven sent husbands! Great job on the run too, keep up the good work.
What a great goal! If you need a cheering section I would love to come cheer you on!
You always make me cry! What a neat thing to have blaze there on your run with you!!!
Such a wonderful story. I love that you can both look back at your progress individually and also together while you are training. I totally think it was divine intervention that allowed you time to your thoughts. For some reason, those runs for me seem to be the most memorable and the easiest. It's a spiritual and physical high!
I'm so proud of you Janet!!!!
You two are such an inspiration! I love that you are both working together on this and supporting eachother through the hard times. I envy the time you have together, sadly, but I'm SO proud of both of you for the amazing accomplishments you have made as a team. I love you!
You two have inspired me these past months. I truly believe you have changed the world. You have changed my world. Thank you. Keep running, Blaze is waiting at the finish line.
You go GIRL! 6 Miles, what a BIG step! You guys haven't even been training that long...I call I get you for my trainer if I ever get ambitious like you! Love you guys and thanks for being inspiring ALWAYS!
that was beautiful Janet! I am so proud of you, what an accomplishment!
Post a Comment