I have a lot to Blog about but my emotions are a little to raw at the moment so I will blog about this man.
Jeffrey R. Holland
He is my favorite apostle (if you can have favorites I do). He tells it like it is and I love that about him. I always look forward to general conference to sit and listen to the council of the prophet and apostles. There is nothing like a good jolt to get my spirit going again. We were able to go to the Sunday afternoon scession and Elder Holland spoke first. Talk about powerful!! If you have not heard him speak or read his talk you should. When he speaks it always reaches my heart he speaks with POWER and PASSION and TRUE CONVICTION. I feel blessed to have been in his presence along with all those who spoke. He spoke powerfully about the Book of Mormon and the men who have died for its cause. He bore testimony as a whitness of God of its truthfulness and power to bring peace in our lives. I want for that peace to be in my life and in our home and because of him I resolve to have it and not take the Book of Mormon for grantid as I have. Living the gospel really comes down to doing the basic things we've been taught since we were little. Daily prayer, and daily scripture study, service, and with each thing we do to come closer unto the savior we are promised his blessing and that peace that only he can give.
So today I am grateful for Elder Holland for his passion and conviction to the gospel of Jesus Christ and all of the men and women who lovingly prepared to teach us this weekend.
3 comments:
I know, right?! His talk floored me, left me speechless, and I took it very personal and it was so meaningful for me. His testimony of the Book of Mormon is what I strive to have in my life. I'm so grateful for his reminder to us how special and true that book is, thanks so much for your blog! I love you and think you are so wonderful...truly!
I just read all of your blog... so I am going to comment on the whole thing. Yes I love Elder Holland, he is simply amazing. :) That talk touched my soul. I loved the balloons that you left on Blaze's grave. I miss you and love you.
Spoken like a true Saint Janet... I was blown away and incredibly moved by Elder Holland's affirming words. And YOU! Watching your transformation and learning process is humbling. It brings memories back to me sometimes. AND you are allowing people in to something sooo incredibly personal as you write...that is so generous. It wasn't easy for me to do that for myself at first. I didn't know it would be possible to love you so much with out officially meeting. I didn't know that you would bring me to my knees desiring to be more humble and grateful than I was yesterday. But you do. I would like to think that our little precious Angels have something to do with all of this.
You've inspired me, and you have become a friend so quickly and easily. Thank you!
Post a Comment